Gordon Ramsay Union Street Café by Royal Doulton frames your food perfectly.
250ml Whole milk
25g Cocoa Powder
25g Dark chocolate, broken into chunks
50g Caster Sugar
1 Egg plus 1 yolk
30g crushed dry Amaretti Biscuit
20ml Amaretto Liquor
150g Caster Sugar
To serve with:
200ml Double cream
30g Crushed Amaretti Biscuit
For the Caramel
1. To prepare the caramel, place a saucepan over a low heat and add the sugar a little at a time until it has all dissolved.
2. Continue to heat until the liquid turns a warm caramel colour but make sure not to burn it otherwise it will taste bitter.
3. Once the caramel is ready, pour a little into 4 aluminium cups just covering the base.
4. Put to one side to rest.
For the Budino
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Put the milk and the cocoa powder into a saucepan and place it over a medium heat.
3. Stir with a whisk until the milk starts to boil. Remove the pan from the stove, add the chocolate and stir until it melts.
4. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and creamy.
5. Pour this mixture into the milk and continue to stir, then add the crushed Amaretti biscuit and the Amaretto liqueur.
6. When everything is thoroughly mixed together, pour the mixture into the 4 aluminium cups on top of the caramel and place the cups in a deep-sided roasting tray filled with enough water to reach half way up the sides.
7. Place the tray in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until cooked (a skewer inserted into the centre of the puddings should come out clean when the budino are ready).
8. Remove the cups from the hot tray and leave them to cool down then place in fridge for at least 2 hours.
9. Before serving, whip the cream until soft peaks form and place a scoop on the side of each plate.
10. Demould the budino and place it beside the cream and sprinkle with the crushed Amaretti biscuits.
Create simple, but stylish table settings with Gordon Ramsay by Royal Doulton Union Street Café.